Put a twist on your classic fish taco recipe with Valine's Famous Cocktail Sauce. This flavorful meal will have your guests reaching for seconds.
For the tacos:
- 1 pound Skinless halibut fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks (or your favorite white fish)
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- Dash of salt
- Dash of fresh ground black pepper
- 6 Soft shell flour tortillas
For the topping:
- 1 cup Julienned onion
- 1 cup Diced green onion
- 3 Limes, quartered
- 2 Sliced jalapenos
- 1 cup Chopped cilantro
For cocktail aioli:
- 1 cup Good mayonaise
- 1 Close minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Valine's Famous Cocktail Sauce
- Place fish in a bowl with the chili powder, minced garlic, salt and fresh ground black pepper, giving it a gentle toss until all the fish has been thoroughly coated in the spice mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and half of the fish, so the pieces are in a single layer, and cook, turning, until the fish is just opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes. Transfer the fish to a plate and cook the remaining fish with the remaining butter.
- Warm the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty and pliable.
- Divided the fish among the flour tortillas and top with toppings.
- Serve with cocktail aioli.