Kale is back and better than ever with mild Tenayo Salsa. This hearty green will make you a kale believer-espcially with the cheese topping.
- 1 Large bunch kale, stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped (about 16 oz)
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Jar mild Tenayo
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Queso fresco, or any Mexican crumbling cheese
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add kale and stir for 1 minute. Follow by adding salsa and water. Reduce heat to medium low and cook about 6-8 minutes, until kale is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in a bowl and top with crumbled cheese.