Bertolli has done it again with this summer inspired Italian Grilled Corn recipe. Taking the time to make the Olive Oil Mayonaise will be worth the effort, as it adds a refreshing flavor to an otherwise basic summer vegetable.
For the Corn
- 4 Large ears corn, cleaned and shucked
- 2 tablespoon Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise (recipe below)
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup Grana Padano* cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Limes, cut into wedges
For the Bertolli Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 Large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt (to taste)
- 3/4 cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat grill. Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil.
- Season to taste with salt and par blanch the corn until half cooked -about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from water and pat dry. Brush generously with olive oil.
- Place on preheated grill, and grill on all sides about 2-3 minutes or until desired char is on the corn.
- Remove from grill, and while still hot, brush each ear generously with olive oil mayonnaise.
- Season with cracked pepper, sea salt, and paprika. Sprinkle generously with cheese and fresh herbs.
- *Grana Padano is a hard Italian cheese that can be found at most grocers. If you can’t locate Grana Padano, try substituting another hard Italian cheese such as Parmesan or Asiago.
- Combine egg yolk, lemon juice, mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl.
- Whisk until blended and bright yellow. Slowly drizzle in olive oil as you whisk.
- You can also do this in a blender by blending the first 4 ingredients and lightly pulsing.
- With blender on low, slowly drizzle in olive oil and blend to the consistency of mayonnaise.