This delicious pie recipe will impress your guests this Easter and it's easy to make.
- 1 9” pie crust, baked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- Additional shredded coconut for garnishing
- PEEPS White Marshmallow Chicks
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, salt and cornstarch. Mix well and increase heat to medium.
- Slowly whisk in egg yolks and milk, whisking until well combined. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until moisture starts to thicken.
- Bring to a boil for one minute, then remove from heat immediately. After removing from heat, stir in butter and vanilla extract. Add in coconut and stir well to combine. Pour mixture into pre-baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours (overnight is ideal). Just prior to serving, cover with whipped cream. Garnish with shredded coconut (regular or toasted works well). Serve each slice with a PEEPS Marshmallow Chick. Enjoy!