Who doesn't love something a little sweet and a little salty? This booze-infused trifle from CookieMonsterCooking.com is a real treat.
For the whipped cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon irish cream liqueur
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate stout brownies, cut into small chunks
- Pretzels, gently crushed
- To make the whipped cream - add the heavy cream, sugar, Irish cream and vanilla extract to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Start with the mixer on low and then increase the speed to medium high. Whip until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat, or the mixture will look curdled.
- Place a few brownie chunks (you can make your own or use store-bought) in the bottom of a small jar. Layer on some of the whipped cream, then some of the crushed pretzels. Repeat this process until the jar is full, ending with the pretzels.