"A tough heavy skillet is the perfect host for a rugged egg breakfast with New Mexican staples, chorizo sausage, tomato, onion, and of course…green chiles," says Sharon Bishop of Paleo Fondue.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of cooked Chorizo Sausage, chopped
- 1 4oz can of Green Chile, drained
- 1 small Tomato, drained and diced
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Avocado for Garnish
- 2 Tablespoons of Cooking Fat (coconut oil or lard)
- (optional) ¼ cup of Greek Yogurt or Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, and yogurt together. Use a stand mixer's whisk set to high speed for best results.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (10.25") to medium and add the cooking fat. Add the onion and cook for about 1 minute.
- Ensure the tomato and chiles are free of excess liquid; drain and/or blot with paper towel.
- Add the tomato, chiles, and sausage into the skillet and cook for about 2-3 more minutes. Pour in the beaten eggs and mix so all the meat and veggies are well distributed.
- Sprinkle the top surface with chopped cilantro. Let cook on medium for about 3 minutes until the egg on the rim start to firm.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes until eggs are set.