"The joyous flavors of pumpkin chiffon pie and latte together in a darling cup make a perfect autumn treat," says Sharon Bishop of Paleo Fondue.
For the Pumpkin Latte Chiffon Filling
- 1½ Tablespoon of Gelatin
- ⅓ cup of Strong Hot Coffee
- 3 Organic Free Range Eggs
- 1 15 oz can of Organic Pumpkin Puree
- ½ cup of Fine Coconut Sugar or Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup of Maple Sugar (or sub Coconut/Granulated Sugar)
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of Ground Cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of Espresso Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ cup of Full Fat Coconut Milk
For the Pecan Sugar Cookie
- ½ cup of Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup of Pecans
- ¼ cup of Palm Shortening
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of Baking Soda
For the Pumpkin Latte Chiffon Filling: Step 1
- Combine the gelatin and coffee and mix until dissolved. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and set the whites aside.
- Combine the pumpkin, egg yolks, ¼ cup of the coconut sugar, maple sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, espresso powder, and salt in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture into a double boiler and add the coconut milk. Gently heat until the sugar is dissolved, while stirring often.
- Remove from heat and mix in the coffee gelatin mixture. Let cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes, and make the cookies in the meantime.
For the Pecan Sugar Cookie: Step 1
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all the cookie ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Scoop about 1 Tablespoon worth of batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press flat.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Let cool to touch before removing from the baking sheet, then set to cool on a wired rack.
Assembly: Step 1
- When the pumpkin mixture is cool and ready, whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl on high speed until a meringue starts to form. Slowly sprinkle in the remaining coconut sugar while whipping until peaks form.
- Add a heaping of the meringue into the chilled pumpkin filling and mix. Gently fold the rest of the meringue into the filling until combined.
- Crumble the cooled cookies into 6 small mugs. Scoop the chiffon filling into the cups.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle some nutmeg and cinnamon, and enjoy!