"Thick, creamy, and pleasantly aromatic, this Moroccan pumpkin soup is a lovely addition to the fall harvest table," says Sharon Bishop of Paleo Fondue.
- ½ Vidalia or Sweet Yellow Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 cups of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup of Full Fat Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup of Diced Apricots (dried or fresh)
- ½ cup of Water
- ½ teaspoon of Grated Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of Cooking Fat (Butter, Ghee, Coconut Oil)
- Heat a skillet to medium high and add the cooking fat.
- Add the onion and cook for about a minute. Add the garlic and continue cooking and stirring until the onions are translucent.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to a pot and turn the heat to medium.
- Add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, apricots, and water to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Add the ginger root, turmeric, sea salt, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Continue cooking and intermittently stirring for about 15 minutes.