Amanda Parker's pairing of maple syrup and bacon just scream indulgence and will have your dad reaching for more!
For the Cupcakes
- 4 1/2 tablespoon room temperature butter
- 1/2 tablespoon bacon drippings (left in the refrigerator to solidify)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
For the Frosting
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar turbinado sugar (optional but recommended)
- coarse grain sea salt (optional but recommended)
- Cream butter and solidified bacon drippings together.
- Add the brown sugar and maple syrup and beat again until creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and then add some of the flour to the wet mixture. Stir the flour in and then add a little of the milk and stir it in.
- Keep alternating stirring in flour and then milk, ending with flour. Mix just until combined and then fold half of the bacon pieces.
- Spoon the batter into baking cups.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees and bake for 16-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Recipe will make about 12 cupcakes.
- Mix your maple frosting ingredients together and then frost your cooled cupcakes.
- Add the remaining bacon pieces on top.