On family holidays, the person who draws the “appetizer” straw is always perplexed about what to bring. Bring this. It’s meaty and delicious and travels well to whatever function you may be attending- it also makes a great host gift. Please be selective when seeking out ingredients. Ask to taste items before you purchase them.
- 8 OZ Spanish Sobrasada
- 2 cups marcona almonds
- 4 oz Manchego Cheese
- 1.5 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 branch fresh olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 8 oz Mason jars
- Use a medium size mixing bowl. Slice sobrasada and manchego (no rind) into a small dice, and place in bowl. Add almonds and fresh rosemary, set aside.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil and then add whole cloves of garlic. Turn off burner and remove from heat, transfer and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove garlic.
- Pour olive oil over prepped ingredients in the bowl. Toss and fill jars, can be kept in a cool dark place for up to 3 weeks.
- Enjoy finger tapas with slice baguette, fresh and dried fruits, jams and chutneys or just a nice glass of wine and good company.
Wells currently serves as the Executive Chef of The Wellington Steak & Martini Lounge and The Red Door Restaurant & Wine Bar. An emphasis on visual beauty and magnificent flavors, a deep knowledge of the diversity of products available seasonally and a true devotion to a dynamic, seasonal menu distinguishes Chef Hills as a powerful culinary force to be reckoned with. Read more about Karrie Hills.