This dessert is gluten free and all organic. Brolaski wanted to celebrate her mom's Aussie heritage by presenting this sweet dessert. We think all mom's will enjoy light and frothy meringue topped with fresh and fruity passion fruit curd.
- 6 egg whites at room temperature
- 10 oz granulated sugar
- 1c shredded coconut
- 2 oz passion fruit curd
- 16 oz heavy cream
- 1 oz powdered sugar
- Fresh orange supremes
- Fresh raspberries or any fresh fruit
- Sugar decoration
- Convection oven at 250°F. Line a sheet tray with a sil pat.
- Whip egg whites in stand mixer and slowly add sugar. Whip until medium stiff peaks form.
- Once peaks form, scoop out 6-8 spoonfuls of whites on to lined sheet tray, individual portion size. Then dip spoon in hot water and make a little dip in the egg whites so that it makes a little nest. Sprinkle the coconut around the sides.
- Place in oven and bake for 1hour, until meringues look pale pink egg shell color, and coconut is lightly toasted. Let cool 20 mins. While meringues bake, whip heavy cream and powdered sugar until medium soft peaks form. Fold in passion fruit curd, do not over work.
- Assemble: Take each pavlova meringue and fill its little nest with the passion fruit whipped cream. Top with fresh fruit slices and a sugar or chocolate butterfly decoration.