Pro pit master Troy Black says your favorite dark beer, teriyaki sauce, and brown sugar can create a simple yet flavorful marinade for juicy rib-eye steaks. Excerpted from All Fired Up by Troy Black and Southern Living, Oxmoor House 2013.
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki marinade and sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 (1-inch-thick) rib-eye steaks (about 3 lb.)
- 3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Add steaks, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 24 hours, turning once.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Grill, covered with grill lid, 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill, and let stand 5 minutes.