Molecular Mixology’s Rob Floyd of Los Angeles came up with this tribute to the whiskey-laden, high-octane chutzpah of Scorsese’s stockbroker shenanigans.
- 2 ounce Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 5 fresh blackberries
- Cut the pepper in half and remove the internal seeds, then muddle with the blackberries in a mixing glass.
- Add remaining ingredients with ice and shake.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a small orange peel (preferably, lit on fire before dropping into the glass).