This is a quick and healthy version of huevos rancheros. I love this dish because it’s filling, healthy, and full of flavor! You get all the satisfaction of a traditional huevos rancheros, with far less calories. Using a chipotle vinaigrette as the sauce gives the dish that smoky robust essence of a Mexican enchilada sauce. The quick preparation of this dish also makes it a winning breakfast option for the person on the go.
- 1/8 cup Red Kidney Beans, canned, drained
- 1/8 cup Caramelized Onion
- 1/4 cup Braised Kale
- 1/8 cup Feta
- 1/3 cup Quinoa, cooked to package instructions
- 1/4 Avocado
- 2 Tortilla strips
- 2 Eggs, poached
- 1/4 cup Chipotle sauce, use favorite from store
- In a lightly oiled large sauté pan, add quinoa, beans, onions, and kale. Sauté for 4 mins on high heat or until hot.
- In the same pan, crack eggs on top of quinoa. Place pan into a pre heated 425 degree oven for 3 mins (or to desired doneness of egg).
- After egg is cooked, place each serving (about 1/2 to 3/4 cups and 1 egg) onto a plate. Using a large spoon is the easiest way to transfer the egg.
- Top with Chipotle sauce, feta, and tortilla strips.
Jeremy Leech, Executive Chef Fresh
As executive chef of fresh&co, Jeremy Leech highlights local and seasonal ingredients in chef-designed dishes that offer the maximum flavor profile for breakfast, lunch and dinner.