A comforting traditional holiday roast, complimented with a unique sweet glaze.
For the Lamb
- 12 ounce rack of lamb, lean only
- Shawarma spices (as needed)
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
For the Braised Swiss Chard
- 4 cup Swiss chard, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon currants, red and white
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon green olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon preserved lemon, diced
- 1 teaspoon raw red Thai hot chili peppers, sliced
- Season the rack of lamb with the salt and spices
- Heat skillet with olive oil and sear rack on all sides, approximately 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to pre-heated oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit and cook 15 minutes, or until medium rare; if needed, cover bones on end of rack with foil to prevent charring.
- Let rack of lamb rest 5 minutes.
- Brush date syrup on rack of lamb and slice; one bone per plate.
- Simply sauté the onion & garlic in the olive oil until onions are translucent, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard or substitute any dark leafy green.
- When wilted, toss in remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve under rack of lamb bone immediately.