The secret is in the spices! These baked appetizer meatballs are packed with flavor. They are so juicy and good, you won’t miss the deep frying – and there’s also no need to simmer them in sauce. I usually serve these tasty little snacks with a small bowl. For more recipes like this visit HealthyRecipesBlogs.com.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground bison or extra lean ground beef
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 Cup almond flour (or whole wheat flour)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Using your hands, mix the beef with the spices.
- Add the egg and the flour and mix until incorporated.
- With wet hands, form into 24 small balls, around 1oz each. Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, until browned.