A delightfully easy version of a classic Italian dessert from Sprinkle Bakes that substitutes low-fat cheese for traditional mascarpone. The little cups make an elegant presentaion for any holiday soiree.
- 10 ready-made lady fingers (crispy variety - not soft)
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 oz. Neufchatel reduced fat cheese (or low fat cream cheese), softened
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Chocolate pearls or chocolate chips for garnish
- Chop 5 ladyfingers into small pieces and divide amongst 4 4-6 oz. glasses or dessert cups. Drizzle 1 tbsp coffee over ladyfingers in each cup. Set aside
- With a hand mixer, cream together the cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Spoon a little of the mixture over the ladyfingers in each glass.
- Chop the other 5 ladyfingers and divide evenly amongst glasses, layering on top of cheese mixture.
- Drizzle cookie layer with 1 tbsp coffee.
- Top each cup with remaining cheese mixture.
- Dust with cocoa powder and top with chocolate chips, pearls or shavings. Refrigerate for 1 hour.