A creamy, dreamy twist on a favorite holiday drink. These cute little puddings from Sprinkle Bakes can be adorned with any festive garnish you prefer.
- Two 5.3oz. boxes of Walker's Shortbread Petticoat Tails
- 2 cups prepared eggnog
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Grated fresh nutmeg for sprinkling
- Reserve 4 shortbread petticoat tails for garnish. In a large bowl, crush the remaining shortbread cookies with your hands until crumbs form. Place 2-3 tablespoons of crumbs in the bottom of 4 -5 8oz. glasses (I used small canning jars).
- Pour 2 cups eggnog, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and cold milk, whisking vigorously until no lumps remain.
- Add the two egg yolks to the slurry and whisk again until combined.
- When the eggnog mixture has come to a boil, remove from heat and slowly pour in the slurry while whisking constantly. Return to heat and cook again until the mixture thickens but is still pourable (this will only take 1 or 2 more minutes).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and butter.
- Stir until combined then pour a layer of pudding over crumbs in each glass. Continue to layer cookie crumbs over pudding until glasses are filled.
- In a small bowl, whip 1/2 cup heavy cream on medium high speed with an electric mixer. Gradually pour in 3 tbsp extra-fine sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Increase speed to high and whip until thick and fluffy.
- Dollop whipped cream on top of trifles and sprinkle over freshly grated nutmeg. Embellish with reserved shortbread petticoat tails.