This brunch staple from the restaurant Tres by Jose Andres elevates pancakes to a new level of sophistication. Whip up a batch for yourself.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon roasted walnuts, grated
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the egg, buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat.
- Ladle ¼ cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side. Transfer the pancake to a warm oven.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil to the pan as needed.
- To serve, drizzle the pancakes with honey and garnish with pomegranate seeds and grated walnuts.
About Chef José Andrés
Named “Outstanding Chef” by the James Beard Foundation in 2011, Jose Andres is an internationally- recognized culinary innovator, passionate advocate for food and hunger issues, author, television personality and chef/owner of ThinkFoodGroup. TFG is the team responsible for renowned dining concepts in Washington, DC, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami and Puerto Rico including The Bazaar by José Andrés at the SLS Hotel Beverly Hills and South Beach.