Bright citrus notes in this holiday punch bring festive cheer to any party.
- 15 oz PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur
- 1 ½ bottles Louis Royer “Force 53” VSOP Cognac (750 ml)
- 50 oz Spring Water
- 16 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 8 oz Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
- ½ Ripe Pineapple, cubed (to flavor store bought pineapple juice)
- 1 ½ cup Sugar
- 6 Whole Fresh Lemons
- 3 Whole Oranges
To prepare the Shrub
- Remove skin only from 6 lemons and 3 oranges using a vegetable peeler, being sure to remove the skin only without the pith. Pound the peels together with 1-½ cups of sugar. Use a pestle or a muddler to pound the sugar and the peels to extract the oils. Leave a minimum of 4 hours and muddle occasionally. Pour in 1-½ cups of lemon juice and dissolve the sugar. Add 1-½ cups of spring water and stir. The mixture is now know as a shrub. Strain the liquid off the peels and refrigerate until use in the punch.
- To prepare the punch, pour the shrub into a punch bowl.
- Add the Cognac, PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur and pineapple juice to the punch bowl.
- Add spring water and adjust the sweet and sour to taste with fresh lemon juice and/or simple syrup.
- Add ice cubes to punch cups and ladle cocktail to serve