This recipe from Bumble Bee will have you rethinking the average, hum drum tuna sandwich. Be prepared to update your go to, easy lunch.
- 1 can (5 oz) Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Gourmet Flavors Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes and Olive Oil, lightly drain and reserve some of the oil, break up the tuna with a fork
- 1 ciabatta sandwich roll
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 4 Slices provolone cheese
- 2 Thin slices red onion
- 1/2 cup tight-packed arugula
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil to avoid extra clean up.
- Slice the ciabatta in half and place on the baking sheet. Brush the drained oil from the tuna onto both sides of the bread and allow it to soak in.
- Evenly spread the mayonnaise on both sides of the bread. Place cheese and onion slices on each slice of bread, then put in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Place the tuna on the bottom half of the bread.
- Dress the arugula with the white balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt. Mix well.
- Place the arugula on top of the tuna, and then cover with the top portion of bread. Slice in half and serve.