- 6 Ripe peaches
- 4 1/2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Prepare a hot grill.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, vanilla, and cayenne. Place the peach halves in a baking dish cut side up and spoon the sugar mixture over the peaches. Allow to sit for 20 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the peaches on the grill skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes or until they develop some char and the sugar is slightly set. Turn over and grill for 1 minute, then quarter turn them to develop a nice diamond shaped grill mark. Remove, place on serving plates, and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
About Memphis BBQ Co.
World Champion BBQ Chefs Melissa Cookston and John Wheeler have a history competing across the land at a variety of different BBQ cooking contests. Each has won hundreds of awards in the highly competitive environment of professional BBQ Competitions. Melissa Cookston, in addition to winning the World Hog Championship for 2010,2011 and 2012, holds the distinction being the only female BBQ World Champion. After years competing against one another, Cookston and Wheeler decided to join forces and bring World Championship Quality BBQ to the market. The Memphis Barbecue Company is the ONLY restaurant in America to feature Two World Champion Pitmasters.