This recipe for baked beans calls for a few secret ingredients that could only come from the barbecue mastermind of Melissa Cookston. The two-time World Barbecue Champion brings it all to the table with this delcious recipe.
- 6 15-ounce cans store bought baked beans
- 1 1/2 cup bacon, pre-cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery, diced
- 1 Large yellow onion, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cup Memphis BBQ Co. Original World Championship BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Memphis BBQ Co. Ultimate BBQ Rub
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon trimmings for 3 to 4 minutes, then add the celery, onion, and peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. In a baking dish, combine the beans, bacon and pepper mixture, and remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour, then uncover and continue to bake until thick and bubbly, 15 to 20 more minutes.
About Memphis BBQ Co.
World Champion BBQ Chefs Melissa Cookston and John Wheeler have a history competing across the land at a variety of different BBQ cooking contests. Each has won hundreds of awards in the highly competitive environment of professional BBQ Competitions. Melissa Cookston, in addition to winning the World Hog Championship for 2010,2011 and 2012, holds the distinction being the only female BBQ World Champion. After years competing against one another, Cookston and Wheeler decided to join forces and bring World Championship Quality BBQ to the market. The Memphis Barbecue Company is the ONLY restaurant in America to feature Two World Champion Pitmasters.