Hurricane Grill & Wings in West Palm Beach, Fla. brings a whole new twist to chicken wings with a raspberry-flavored sauce.
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam (or 2 cups of fresh raspberries)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Chipotle Peppers (more or less depending on spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the wings:
- 5 pound Chicken Wings
- Soy Bean Oil (as needed)
- Mix ingredients and simmer over medium heat to desired consistency
- Preheat oil in fryer to 350 degrees. We prefer a soy bean based oil, as they are healthier and ideal for those with food allergies.
- Clean wings.
- Take extra care to properly drain the wings of all liquid before placing in fryer.
- While cooking, shake the basket frequently to break apart the wings and keep them from sticking to one another.
- Cooking times will vary depending on wing size. Hurricane Grill & Wings cooks their jumbo wings for nine and a half minutes. Smaller sized wings may require less time, but viewers should always be sure to cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- A good indication the wings are almost done is they will begin to float to the top of the oil. You want to cook them to a light golden brown.
- Once the wings are finished cooking, they can either be tossed in your favorite wing sauce or you can apply a rub of choice.