In the world of deep fried wonders, is there really anything better than a fried Twinkie? You can answer that yourself after trying this recipe for homemade fried Twinkies.
- 6 Hostess Twinkies
- 6 Wooden popsicle sticks
- Vegetable oil, enough to cover Twinkies
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup flour (mix to consistency)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freeze the twinkies for at least 2 hours.
- Heat your oil in fryer to 375 degrees.
- Mix your batter as such: milk, vinegar,oil.
- In another bowl blend flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry, mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate until oil reaches temperature.
- Insert sticks into Twinkies, leaving enough of a end to hold.
- Dust with flour and dip into batter be sure batter covers the entire Twinkie. Place Twinkie in hot oil with utensil being sure the Twinkie browns evenly (the Twinkie will float) about 3- 4 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with mixed berry preserves, heated until warm.
- Use for dipping.