Here is a protien packed breakfast to give to energy all morning long.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese (or desired cheese)
- 2 Large flour tortillas (not burrito-sized, just large)
- Tomato, avocado, sour cream, salsa (as desired)
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet (one that will fit your flour tortilla nicely- and that isn't too much larger than your tortilla), and bring it to medium heat.
- Add egg to the heated skillet. Use a rubber spatula to loosen the sides a bit and allow raw egg to move around underneath to get cooked. Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Place a flour tortilla on top. Use your rubber spatula to loosen the sides again around the edges. Then place a dinner plate on top of your skillet and carefully flip it over so that the egg/tortilla is now on the plate. Slide it back into the pan tortilla-side down and top it with remaining cheese. Let it sit for a minute or two, then place the plate on top of the skillet and flip it again. Slide it back into the pan, allowing the 2nd tortilla to heat up and get lightly browned.
- Slide your breakfast quesadilla onto a cutting board and use a pizza cutter to cut it into wedges. Make the wedges as big as you'd like- 6 is suggested, but if you have little ones then you can make them smaller. Serve on their own or with tomato, avocado, sour cream, or salsa- as desired.
- You can make these will smaller flour tortillas too- just use less egg/cheese and a smaller skillet.