Use a crisp, fruity white wine --instead of red -- such as Grüner Veltliner, Sauvignon Blanc, or Pinot Grigio to make our lighter take on the classic Spanish cooler.
- 3 x 3 Inch-long cinnamon sticks
- 1 x 8 Ounce can pineapple rings, cut into pieces
- 2 Kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 Mango, ripe but still firm, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 5 Whole star anise pods
- 1 750-ml bottle Sterling Vineyards Vintner's Collection Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 Cup peach liqueur
- Toss together the cinnamon, fruit, and star anise, and place the mixture in a pitcher. Pour in liqueur and wine and combine. Let the sangria sit in the fridge for at least 2 to 3 hours and serve cold. If desired, add ice before serving.