We refer to this dish as "broken eggs" because the eggs are mixed up amongst two of the best things in life, pork belly and cheese. It's one of those dishes that is just as good for dinner as it is for breakfast and brunch (especially when you might have had a couple cocktails the night before!)
- 1 pound of potatoes
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 ounce of tetilla cheese (or something similar)
- 2 ounce of pork belly
- 8 Eggs
- Cut the pork belly into 1 inch cubes and roasted until tender.
- Cut the potato in sticks, fry and set aside then Julienne the green peppers and add to the fryer until tender.
- Cut cheese into small cubes.
- In a separate pan fry eggs just before you are ready to assemble.
- In a bowl mix together fries, green peppers, cheese and fried eggs. Mix to “break” up the eggs and place in a serving dish.
- Finish by topping with the roasted pork belly.
About Jesús Núñez
In his latest venture, Chef Jesús Núñez digs deep into his culinary roots to helm the kitchen as Executive Chef of Barraca, New York’s first authentic tapas, paella and sangria offering, and the latest project from Spanish restaurateur Hector Sanz’ Quimeria Restaurant Group. As the leader of Barraca’s culinary team, Chef Núñez brings robust Spanish flavors to the forefront through simplistic, traditional recipes that showcase Spain’s culinary depth with both locally sourced and imported Spanish ingredients.