This appetizer is from the Lapostolle Residence, Chile’s first Relais & Chateaux property and part of the renowned Lapostolle winery. It combines savory bacon with sweet prunes to produce a delicious bite-sized holiday treat. To make this the perfect addition to your holiday menu, the Lapostolle Residence recommends pairing their Prunes Wrapped in Bacon with the Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre Cabernet Sauvignon 2010.
- 12 Strips of bacon, uncooked
- 12 Prunes, dried and pitted
- 12 Toothpicks
- Lay six pieces of bacon onto a sheet pan or cutting board.
- Place one prune at the end of each strip.
- Roll the bacon around the prune, pulling gently to make sure the bacon fits tightly. Secure the pork with a toothpick.
- Repeat the steps to prepare the remaining six prunes.
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat, and place the prunes into the pan. When the prunes are ready to be flipped, the bacon will release itself from the pan. Gently swirl the pan throughout the process, allowing the bacon fat to distribute evenly.
- When the bacon is golden on all sides, remove the prunes and place onto paper towels. Serve immediately.
Maricarmen Lecumberri is the Executive Chef and The Residence Manager since 2006. “In designing our food program, our mission is to search for the best flavors and combinations to pair with Lapostolle Wines. We choose the wine, then the company!”