The protein packed tofu in this salsa creates a creamy affect that will tease your taste buds into thinking this healthy dressing is a little bit bad for you. So enjoy guilt free seconds.
- 1/2 14 ounce package House Foods Organic or Premium Soft (silken) Tofu
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers (packed in vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Hearts of romaine, chopped
- Add tofu, parsley, capers, anchovies, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add romaine to a large bowl and toss with salsa verde. Leftover dressing can be kept refrigerated in a covered container for 2 days.
- To make this vegetarian, leave out the anchovy and replace with another 2 teaspoons capers.
About Debi Mazar
Debi Mazar & Gabriele Corcos are the stars of Cooking Channel’s show Extra Virgin.