David Myers is a renowned Los Angeles-based chef who founded the David Myers Group, with restaurants Comme Ça, Pizza Ortica, and Michelin star rated Sona to its name. Myers has been widely recognized and awarded Food & Wine Best New Chefs in 2003, Angeleno’s “Chef of the Year “in 2004 and he was one of GQ’s “Men of Style” for 2008.
- 8 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoon coriander seed
- 4 tablespoon black peppercorn
- 4 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 pound ground pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 English muffins
For the Burger:
- Step 1 Combine spices and toast, then grid.
- Step 2 Combine the ground pork with spices and salt.
- Step 3 Form 2 6oz patties.
- Step 4 Sauté the patties in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Step 5 Finish in the oven until fully cooked.
- Step 6 Top patties with the 2 slices of cheese each.
- Step 7 Toast the English muffins.
For the Gravy:
- Step 1 Cook the last 4oz of pork meat in a sauce pan until browned.
- Step 2 Add the flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Step 3 Add in milk and mix well.
- Step 4 Season will salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Cook an eggs sunny side up.
- Place the pork patty on top of the one half of the English muffin, then cover with gravy and top with the egg.
Breakfast Pork Burger
David Myers of Comme Ca West Hollywood.*Image Credit:Peden & Munk