Need a treat for your guests that is the perfect mix of sweet and savory? Try out these brownies for a winning combination.
Peanut Butter Topping:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Handful of pretzel sticks
Peanut Butter Topping
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside until ready to use
Step 1: Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 inch baking pan, set aside.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat well. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until it is well blended. Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Pour peanut butter mixture over brownie batter and make it into swirls with a knife- gliding through the batter. Arrange pretzel sticks parallel into the batter or crush and sprinkle overtop.
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean. Let cool before slicing and removing from pan.
A Taste of Virginia Tech (Mascot Books) compiles 80 of the best recipes in and around campus, from the dining halls, to its tailgate parties- even dishes found in restaurants on Main Street.