Time to break out the copper mug. This simple yet memorable drink is made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice.
- Juice of one lime
- 3 ounce Russian Standard Vodka
- 6 ounce cold ginger beer (not to be confused with ginger ale)
- 3 Drops Angostura bitters
- Twist of lime, for garnish
- In a Collins glass — or a copper mug, if you own one — squeeze the juice of one lime and fill with crushed ice.
- Pour the vodka and stir. Fill the glass with cold ginger beer. As for the bitters, according to César Raúl Córdova Rogerone— a Moscow Mule connoisseur — it works better if the bitters sort of float on the surface and make their way slowly to the bottom of the glass, leaving a lovely hint of smoke on the way down. You won’t get this visual effect if you use a copper mug, of course, but the bitters are still worth every drop.
- Garnish with a twist of lime.