This salad was among the delicious dishes tested at the School Nutrition Association's Annual National Conference in Denver.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon parley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- Mix the first 10 ingredients to prepare salad dressing. Refrigerate in a covered glass or plastic container.
- Peel, wash and slice cucumbers
- Wash and dice tomatoes, and combine with cucumbers
- Pour dressing over cucumber and tomatoes; toss, refrigerate until ready to serve.