Executive chef Adam Bartos at the St. Paul Grill in St. Paul, Minn. developed this recipe.
White Chocolate Mousse
- 8 Oz. white chocolate
- 2 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup egg yolks
- ½ Cup white granulated sugar
- 1 Oz. powder gelatin
- 2 Oz. cherry liquor
Frangipane tart shell:
- 7 Oz. almond paste, or marzipan
- 7 Oz. unsalted butter room temperate
- 1 Cup white granulated sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour
- 4 Cup pitted Rainier Cherries
- 4 Cup of Raspberries
- 2 ea Tart Shells
Step 1: Mouse
- Melt chocolate over a water bath taking care to not over heat it. While chocolate is melting, whip egg yolks and sugar, until light and fluffy. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Remove chocolate from the water bath. Place gelatin and cherry liquor in a glass bowl and melt over the water bath.
- Fold whipped egg yolks and sugar into the melted chocolate, once incorporated start folding in the whipped cream small amounts at a time. Remove the gelatin mixture from the heat and start folding in small amount of the mixture until cool them combine and mix all together. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
Step 4: Frangipane tart shell
- In a mixing bowl combine almond paste sugar and butter and using the paddle attachment beat until light and fluffy Add one egg at a time until all four are incorporated. Scrape bowl and add vanilla Add salt and cake flour mix until just incorporated. Line and spray a 9 inch false bottom tart pan. Pour mixture into pan andBake for 10 minutes in a 350 oven, rotate and continue to bake until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- Line and spray a 9 inch false bottom tart pan. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 10 minutes in a 350 oven, rotate and continue to bake until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
Step 6: Assembly
- Take mousse and whip to a spreadable consistency. Remove tart shell from the pan and place on a serving tray, or cake stand. Spread a good amount of the white chocolate mousse on the tart shell, and place halved and pitted raspberries in a circular pattern. Place second tart shell on top of raspberries, coat top with chocolate mouse, then arrange cherries in a circular pattern. If desired you can melt a ¼ cup of apricot jam and glaze the fruit before serving.