Make batches of this cherry jam and you can a taste of summer through all four seasons. It's also makes a great gift. This recipe was developed by Executive Pastry Chef Stacy Marie Fortner from Serious Pie in Seattle, Wash.
- 2 cup Rainier cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup sugar for first cooking
- 1/3 cup sugar for secon cooking
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pectin
- 1 tablespoon amaretto or pernod
- 1 1/2 Oz. lemon juice
- Steam and pit cherries. Slice in half to make sure no cherries are left behind. Rough cup them until they are large chop.
- Put cherries and first batch of sugar into a wide sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until 1/3 of the liquid has cooked out.
- Whisk together second batch of sugar and pectin. Whisk into cherries and sugar. Return to a boil, then add lemon juice and liquor. Chill and cover.