Summer's warm weather and bountiful produce make it the perfect season to pack up a meal and head to the nearest park, beach or even your own backyard. Try these chocolaty fruit skewers on you next picnic.
- 1 Premade pound cake
- 8 Strawberries, whole, leaves hulled
- 8 Raspberries, whole
- 1 cup pineapple, cored, chunked
- 4 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 4 Bamboo skewers (6-inch)
- Cut pound cake into 4 1x3-inch rectangles and 8 1x1-inch squares.
- Place 1 1x3-inch piece cake on plate, stick skewer in middle.
- Add strawberry, raspberry, pineapple and 1x1-inch piece of cake to skewer. Repeat with another strawberry, raspberry, pineapple and 1x1-inch piece of cake.
- Pour chocolate syrup in a smaller container and drizzle over the skewers just before eating at the picnic site.