I whipped up these pancakes on a whim this morning, after having had a craving for s’mores over the last several days and let me tell you right now --they s’more than satisfied that craving!
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 graham crackers, crushed and separated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)*
- 1 modified flax egg (1/2 tablespoon ground flax + 1 1/2 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate-Infused Maple Syrup
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Step 1: Pancakes
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Prepare flax egg and allow to set.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder*, and 1/2 the graham cracker crumbs in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flax egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter onto greased skillet (makes 3 small-medium pancakes) and allow to cook for approximately 4-5 minutes before flipping.
- Cook an additional 2-3 minutes more before plating.
- *If you choose to omit the protein powder, I would decrease the milk by 1-2 tablespoons.
Step 1: Chocolate-Infused Maple Syrup
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- Use as a topping for pancakes, spoons, fingers, or in times of desperation, I believe it would be perfectly acceptable to bathe in it.