Try this pretty, kid-pleaser from Michelle Norris, the BrownEyedBaker. The best part about it? The colors can be modified for other occasions.
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 4 boxes of Jello in red and blue
- 1 14 Ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- For each flavor, dissolve one box of Jello in one cup of boiling water.
- Pour into a square container, about 6 inches, and chill at least three hours, or overnight.
- After chilling the flavors, cut them into small blocks. Carefully mix the blocks in a 9- by 13-inch pan.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle two envelopes of unflavored gelatin into a half cup of cold water. Once the gelatin blooms, add one and a half cups of boiling water and dissolve.
- Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and let cool.
- Pour cooled milk mixture over Jello blocks in a pan. Skim off any small bubbles. Chill overnight or at least three hours until firm. Cut into stars and serve.