For when you want the red pepper flavor, but don't want to go to the trouble of roasting.
- 1 16 1/2-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, chopped bell peppers (the smaller the better, and the smoother consistency you'll get), minced garlic, and lemon juice.
- Purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with pita chips or crudité.