This vibrant, springtime dish is a great weeknight dish because it comes together in just 30 minutes. Make sure to use very fresh rock shrimp and rinse then pat them dry before sautéing.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ears of fresh corn, kernels cut off from the cobs
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound rock shrimp, rinsed and patted dry
- Toss together the first six ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water for the spaghetti; once the water boils add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, set a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- After a minute, add the butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Once the butter is melted add the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the salt and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook until just opaque, about 7 minutes.
- Toss together the tomato and corn mixture with the shrimp and pasta, and serve immediately.