Chicken and pesto's classic combination needs little work in this easy sandwich recipe. Grab any preferred fixings and pile them between two slices of sourdough.
- 2 pieces thinly sliced chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices of tomato
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out the chicken pieces and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Bake chicken for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, toast the bread slices.
- Mix together pesto and mayonnaise and spread on one side of each bread slice.
- Pile the chicken, provolone, tomatoes, and lettuce on a slice of bread, pesto side up. Top with second slice. Slice in half and serve.