It's often hard to make vegetarian sandwiches feel hearty, but the savory flavors here create a warm, filling sandwich for any season. The key to this sandwich is good ingredients. Finding high-quality olives, ripe and flavorful tomatoes, and fresh bread are essential for this recipe.
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 slice crusty white bread
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 leaf of Romaine lettuce
- 3 slice tomato
- Add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor or combine with a mortar and pestle.
- Mix them enough so that they begin to form a paste, but not so much that there are not still small chunks of olive and artichoke.
- Spoon the mixture on top of one of the bread slices.
- Add the feta cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Place the second slice of bread on top and put the sandwich in the toaster until the bread is browned. Remove and eat immediately while hot.