Although apple drinks abound during the fall season, the fruity mix of pomegranate, lemon and orange liquor in the Apple Cin make it a great spring time drink for those with a bit of a sweet tooth. Created by Mixologist Jose Torella at the Barclay Bar at the InternContinental New York Barclay, the drink was influenced by “the Big Apple… colors of a Hudson River sunset, [and] the fresh flavors and varieties of New York state apples.” For Torella, Van Gogh’s Appel Vodka perfectly reflects all of these sentiments. Although the glass preparation calls for a bit more expertise, it’s nothing that couldn’t be done at home.
- 2 ounce Van Gogh Wild Appel Vodka
- 1 ounce fresh apple juice
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1/2 ounce Simple Sugar
- 1/2 ounce Fresh squeezed lemon
- Splash of pomegranate juice
- Mix clear gelatin with water according to directions on box (for an extra kick, infuse the gelatin with Van Gogh Wild Appel Vodka the night before).
- Place cranberry in bottom of Martini Glass
- Rim Martini glass with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Chill – should sit overnight to ensure everything has time to gel completely.
- Shake all ingredients but the pomegranate juice and pour into prepared glass.
- Pour pomegranate juice slowly down the side of the cocktail glass, let settle.
- Garnish with apple slice and serve.