What better way to celebrate than this fudgy brownie baked in an Oreo crust then topped with a delicious cream cheese icing. It's no wonder that my husband declared this pie the "best dessert ever."
For the crust
- 3/4 cup crushed Oreos (about 10 cookies)
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
For the brownie
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
For the icing
- 1 8-ounce block light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the Oreo crust. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 or 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom and along the sides of the pie plate so that crust is even. Bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare brownie layer. Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low to medium heat stirring constantly. Once melted, whisk in sugar. Whisk in egg and vanilla until well combined. Fold in flour just until combined. Pour brownie over prepared pie crust and bake for about 25 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean from center. Do not overbake.
- Set brownie pie aside to cool and prepare cream cheese icing. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer for several minutes or until light and creamy. Add butter and beat until well combined. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed. When sugar is incorporated beat icing on high speed until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- When brownie pie has cooled and icing is ready, spread icing evenly over the brownie pie. Serve immediately and store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to five days.