Chef Marcel Vigneron, Top Chef runner-up and star of Syfy's Marcel's Quantum Kitchen, will be dishing out this delicacy for Sundance Film Festival this weekend in Park City, Utah.
- 2 Lamb necks
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Sprig thyme
- 1 Sprig rosemary
- 3 tablespoon Canola oil
- 2 Carrots
- 4 Onions
- 1 Stalk of celery
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 gram gelatin, gold sheets
- 3.4 gram agar agar
- 200 gram red wine
- 2 Black trumpets
- 1 cup micro celery
- 2 Cippolini onions
- Maldon sea salt (to taste)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Season lamb liberally with salt and sear in pressure cooker until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove lamb from pan. Add carrots, onion, celery, and cook until lightly browned. Deglaze with red wine and cook until reduced to glaze.
- Return lamb to pan then add herbs, garlic, and chicken stock
- Carefully place lid on pressure cooker and cook for 45 min.
- Turn off heat and allow pressure cooker to cool until pressure valve has released and safely remove lid.
- Remove lamb from pressure cooker and allow to rest 15 min.
- Return pot to heat and cook sauce with the lid off until reduced to glaze.
- Pull meat from lamb shoulder and discard bone. Return pulled lamb meat to reduced sauce and reserve.
- Wash black trumpets, very well!
- Allow to air dry slightly.
- Fry mushrooms at 350F, until bubbles almost subside and moisture is cooked out.
- Strain and reserve on towels.
- Season with salt, reserve.
- Cut off the top and bottom of onion but reserving skin intact around the outside of onion.
- Brush with oil and season with salt.
- Place onions on a cookie sheet and roast at 375F until golden brown, about 35 min.
- Remove skin and reserve.
- Blend 200g wine with 3.4g agar agar.
- Bring to boil, while stirring, in a pot.
- Add 2g bloomed gelatin
- Poor 1mm of depth onto level cookie tray and allow to set in fridge.
- Cut into fettucine shapes and reserve.
- Place lamb neck in bowl.
- Garnish with noodles, micro greens, black trumpets and maldon salt on top.