This holiday desert combines two of our favorite fall flavors - pumpkin and ginger.
- 1 Cup canned pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup canola oil
- 1/4 Cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 Egg
- 1 2/3 Cup flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 Cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3-4 Teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (use to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon milk (or more until icing is thinned to your preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Combine the pumpkin, syrup, sugar, canola oil, molasses, and egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, spices, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mix and stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Should be springy to touch.
- Allow to almost fully cool before removing from pan.
- Completely cool before frosting.
- Cream together the butter and 1/2 of the confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice, mix.
- Add in the second half of the sugar and the tbsp of milk, mix.
- Add more milk (very small amounts at a time) until it reaches a consistency that you want.
- Ice and enjoy!