Sweetened dried cranberries, grated orange rind and orange marmalade add festive flavor to this hearty quick bread. And if you prefer muffins, you can spoon this same batter into muffin pans instead of a loaf pan.
- 1 Cup nutlike cereal nuggets
- 1 Cup uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 Cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 Cup low-sugar orange marmalade
- 1/2 Cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Whisk together buttermilk, oil, and eggs; add to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in grated orange rind, marmalade, and cranberries. Spoon into a lightly greased 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 375° for 28 to 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and let cool 20 minutes or until completely cool.
- Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2, spooning batter into a lightly greased muffin pan, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool 10 minutes or until completely cool.