Holiday recipes from Charleston Receipts, the nation’s oldest Junior League cookbook, published in 1950 and now in its thirty-fifth printing.
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 3 medium sized yams
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup whiskey or rum
- 1. Put milk into 2-quart casserole.
- 2. Grate yams, adding to milk as you grate to prevent potatoes from turning dark.
- 3. Beat eggs well and add sugar gradually. Add cinnamon and almonds and mix well with potatoes.
- 4. Dot generously with butter and bake in a 300-degree oven for two hours. Just before serving, pour the whisky or rum over the pudding.