Below is are recipes from Zi Anna's Kitchen, a new cookbook by Anna Purificato Murray. Murray wrote the cookbook to raise awareness for breast cancer, which killed her sister Tina DiFava in 2010.
Baked Baby Eggplant
- 4 baby eggplant, cut in halves
- 4 plum or vine ripe tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Pecorino Romano or Locatelli grated cheese
- Chopped fresh or dried basil
- Salt to taste Cooking
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange the eggplant halves on a baking dish. Score the eggplant diagonally, sort of like making “X’s” so as to create grooves for the topping to get into.
- Top the eggplant with chopped tomatoes, basil, salt and cheese. Drizzle olive oil on top of each eggplant half.
- Bake covered for about 15 minutes and then uncovered for another 15 minutes or until a fork goes through the eggplant easily.